Southern California Story Swaps
- Inland Valley Storytellers. 2nd Tuesdays, 7:30 pm @ the Claremont Forum: 586 West First Street in Claremont. Contact: John St. Clair, at 909-983-8501 or email@example.com.
- Tales Down by the Riverside. 2nd Thursday monthly story swapping meeting at the Back to the Grind, 3575 University Avenue, Riverside, 7:30 - 8:30. Contact: Ron Chick, at 951-788-6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- San Gabriel Valley Storytellers. 4th Tuesdays, 7:30 pm @ the Hastings Branch Library, 3325 E. Orange Grove in Pasadena at the corner of Sierra Madre Villa. Contact: Nick Smith, 626-298-6532, email@example.com.
- Coffee Gallery Spoken Word Open Mike. 2nd Thursday at 8:00 PM at the Coffee Gallery, 2029 N. Lake Ave. in Altadena. Contact: Nick Smith, 626-298-6532, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Griot Workshop. 2nd Tuesdays, 7 pm @ 3335 43rd Place in Los Angeles. Contact: Michael D. McCarty, 310-677-8099, email@example.com.
- Southcoast Storytellers Guild. 3rd Thursdays, 7 pm.
- Long Beach Storytellers. 1st Wednesday, 7pm.
- Community Storytellers. 2nd Thursdays, 7:15 pm.
- Regional storytelling calendar maintained by Community Storytellers.
- April 29 34th Annual Southern California Story Swap Festival hosted by South Coast Storytellers at Bowers Kidseum, 1802 North Main Street, Santa Ana CA Saturday, April 29, 2017. 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Cost: $20.00 (lunch included) if registered before April 1 ($25 after April 1).
- May 2 Andy Offutt Irwin and Darci Tucker are performing at a house concert from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at the home of Mark Schoeman and Laurel Tucker at 676 West 9th Street in Claremont. RSVP required at 757-719-0523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested donation is $15.
- July 21-23 Sierra Storytelling Festival 17894 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA. Muriel Johnson, Kevin Kling, Judith Black, Andy Offut Irwin, Dianne Ferlatte, and Johnny Moses are the storytellers. Adults $82.50 and seniors $67.50 for the whole weekend. For more info go to:
- September 7-10 17th Annual Ojai Storytelling Festival
at Libbey Bowl and Ojai Art Center. Bill Harley, Kim Weitkamp, Antonio Rocha. More info at www.ojaistoryfest.org/index.html.
- September 7-9 Timpanogos Storytelling Festival at the Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point, Utah. More info at: timpfest.org/events/28th-annual-timpanogos-storytelling-festival.
- October 6-8 National Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, TN. Donald Davis, Carmen Deedy, Bil Lepp, and Josh Goforth are featured tellers. For information go to the web site www.storytellingcenter.net/festival/.
- November 18 Inland Valley Storytellers presents the 15th annual Tellabration concert at the Claremont Folk Music Center from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Admission $10. Contact: John St. Clair, at 909-983-8501 or email@example.com if you have questions.
National & International Resources